Before in my post about surf and turf I mentioned pea purée and how to make it a super vibrant green. Well since then I’ve made some more and this time remembered to take a photo to share:
- Bag of peas in a big saucepan
- Just cover with water
- Stir in 1 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp bicarbonate soda
- Bring to boil and then stir in another half tbsp Bicarbonate soda then straight to the blender
- When smooth pour into the biggest tray you can find (bigger the better the more spread out the mix the quicker it will cool)
- Chuck in some ice to speed up the process and lock in the colour
Pure greeeen my lord… (blackadder reference) for the perhaps older generation.